[texbirds] Striped Sparrow today yes.

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 22:40:43 -0600

.
  From my facebook page.
Caroline Callery and I, along with 3 others, saw the Striped Sparrow at
5:10 p.m. today where it fed on seed on the road until we left at 5:30 pm.
It had not been seen all day from 8 am onwards, until its 5:10 appearance.
One reason it didn't come out earlier may be that it came in from the north
side of the road (directly across the road from the No Dumping sign)
exactly where several people had been sitting throughout the afternoon.
Those "close up" birders left at 5 pm, and the bird showed at 5:10. For the
best chance to get it to come out into the open, it might be best if no one
sits/stands closer than 100-120 feet east or west of the sign. Makes no
difference if one is on the south or north side of the road, as long as
everyone stays far enough away from the sign. Good luck!
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/