[texbirds] Still Slow at Clapp Park, Lubbock

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 20:13:00 -0500

Greetings All:
After this morning's sad performance, I decided to go back for more in
hopes that the clouds and unsettled weather had inclined some migrant
songbirds towards a visit to Clapp Park.

I did marginally better, species-wise, than I did this morning with a
whopping 28 species (still way off what is possible during a weekend in
September) with the following as highlights: 1 adult female and 2 immature
Black-chinned Hummingbirds, 1 Least Flycatcher, 1 Gray Catbird, 1 Yellow
Warbler, 1 Wilson's Warbler, 1 Chipping Sparrow, 7 Clay-colored Sparrows, 1
Brewer's Sparrow, 5 Painted Buntings, and 1 female Orchard Oriole.

Still nothing new for the year at the site: this could be the esteemed Mr.
Kostecke's chance to get out to Lake Devine and give me a bit of a
spanking:)

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock