[texbirds] Steve Gross, a passionate birder

  • From: "Lamont Brown" <lamont@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 16:53:01 -0600

Whether Steve was leading a group in an obscure place like Rocksprings or in
the Houston Metroplex.....
Whether Steve was leading a group in the State or out...
He was passionate about seeing birders know and see more!

Thank you Steve.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.  And our prayers are with the
many of you who knew him closer and longer than some of the rest of us.

For a couple of days I have been working on a report of a trip I took
earlier in the year to the Panhandle.  I was designing it to be a prelude to
Thanksgiving.  After hearing of Steve's passing I first thought it best not
to send it.  But after consideration, it is the type of trip that Steve took
and the type of trip he led many of us on.  So I'll post it and in some
small measure hopefully it will be a tribute to him as well.

In 30 minutes or so look for the posting:

Panhandle Fallout or Blessed to be a Birder.

Lamont Brown
Denton and Harlingen