[texbirds] Re: Steve Gross

  • From: Clay Taylor <Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kayakbirdr@xxxxxxx" <kayakbirdr@xxxxxxx>, "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 22:26:43 -0500

All -

I echo Ron's sentiment - this is a tough loss for the birding community.  My
condolences to his family.

Steve and I shared a similar love for viewing the world through a slightly
cracked glass and making humorous comments about what we saw.   Well, at least
we thought they were funny, but we freely acknowledged that often the joke was
on us.   He could take it as well as he dished it out - an attribute that is
becoming increasingly rare these days.   I will miss him.

Clay Taylor
TOS Life Member
Calallen (Corpus Christi), TX
Clay.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx