[texbirds] Steve

  • From: Howard Smith <howarda7@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 17:37:47 -0500 (EST)

Steve was a truly selfless person. He gave so much to others in his work and in
his birding. I am one of many who can look back on some great memories of time
spent with him, birds we saw and mostly conversations we had.  His great wit
and eloquence will be what I miss most, he loved words and was more than a
match for my typically English sense of humor.

Steve was enthusiastic and positive in everything he did and I'm sure he would
not want us to be sad for too long.  I believe he would appreciate his name
being memorialized in some way in the Texas birding community and I hope that
can happen.

So long good friend, your contribution to our lives is very much appreciated.

Howard Smith
Houston