[texbirds] Re: Starr Co. 6-14-12 highlights

  • From: Bert Wessling <bert200@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:56:36 -0500

Hi Brush,

I first found Loggerhead Shrikes breeding near Alamo, Hidalgo County in 1988.
They have slowly increased in  this area since then. The book  "Nesting birds
of a Tropical Frontier: Lower Rio Grande Valley of Texas" by Timothy Brush has
further information on South Texas records and even one for Mexico if I
remember correctly.

Bert Wessling
San Juan
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 13:39:27 -0500
Subject: [texbirds] Starr Co. 6-14-12 highlights

a family group of 3, Loggerhead Shrikes...One or two photo'ed,  No mention in
the Handbook of breeding this far south.

--
Brush Freeman

361-655-7641
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/