[texbirds] Re: Spring Migration and Paranoia

  • From: Danny Hoehne <hoehneintexas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx" <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, Cameron Carver <c.o.carver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 13:25:44 -0700 (PDT)

________________________________

   Being a retired cop and a lifelong birder, I can assure you that being a
stranger in a strange neighborhood (especially if affluent) with a pair of
binoculars around your neck will most assuredly get you some attention.  Don't
take is personal, and certainly don't make it political with comments like
"faux-Zimmerman."

Danny Hoehne
Harlingen, Texas

Cameron:  I had such a day in Gonzales back in Feb. (plus a near wreck with
a herd of hogs on the way down and forgetting my wallet)..3 different cops
stopped to ask me as to what I was doing on a Sunday morning walking the
streets in the historic part of town.  I was even wearing nice jeans :-)  I
feel sure people had been calling me in. One even said something to the
effect that "folks don't know you"  There was no one else on the streets
and no reason for the law to be in the area otherwise..But they were all
nice once I explained.

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621