[texbirds] S'over in Port O'Cnnr

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 12:29:36 -0500

*************************************************************************************************************
  The record fallout is done, completo in POC clearly, Sure there are
migrants and will be thru peak migration but they are just remaining tokens
of what was here.  Even Austin Sander's massive rice fields up on 1289 were
almost completely devoid of shorebirds despite the fine mud.   The hoards
of Baltimores in the backyard left last night and not an orange has been
touched today....The south wind is blowing nicely...So it goes.
  Early this morning many Dickcissels and a few Bobolinks were flying over
but not much else
  However every day brings it oddity and unexplained observation....Today
was no exception...I have been birding in a particular location since the
12th everyday, sometimes 3 times a day and in that time I had never seen or
heard a single Carolina Wren, nor in fact  anywhere in town (my sq. mile)
and was a huge whole on my "list"...But this morning found two birds in
this tiny plot singing away....Where did they come from?  Surely they
don't  migrate....Or?

Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/