[texbirds] Southwestern morning in Northwest TX

  • From: Brady Surber <supersurber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 11:59:09 -0500

Howdy all,
Yesterday(20 May) morning while working on a private research ranch in
Wilbarger county had some cool stuff.

Had a singing Pyrrhuloxia and a singing Verdin. I get both around here,
Pyrrhuloxia quite alot more than the Verdins.
Nice to know the Verdins are still here.

The creme on the pie yesterday was an adult Harris Hawk circling over and
perching on the transmission towers. First time I have had this species in
Wilbarger county. I have seen it in some of the surrounding counties but never
here until now. I have been expecting the species so it was nice to finally get
it.

Felt like I was in the Trans Pecos or something.

Brady Surber
Vernon, TX