[texbirds] South Padre Island - Wednesday August 22nd

  • From: Erik Breden <erik.breden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 13:18:05 -0500

TexBirders,

Rex and Birgit Stanford and I birded South Padre Island yesterday (Wednesday August 22nd). As has been previously reported on TexBirds, migrants have begun their annual southward travels. We were rewarded with 21 shorebird species, 4 warblers, and a "bunch" of flycatchers (perhaps as many as 4 or 5 species, including 2 or 3 Empidonax flycatchers).

Photos, comments, and a plea for ID help can be seen at:

www.otterside.com/fall2012

Enjoy! Please send me comments about the IDs of some of these critters! Thanks.

Erik Breden
Harlingen, Texas

Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at //www.freelists.org/list/texbirds