[texbirds] South Padre Island Thursday

  • From: Stan DeOrsey <jsmd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 16:43:33 -0500

The birds were hoping at the Convention Center and Sheepshead (SH) this
morning .... warblers everywhere, but not really in numbers. Had
Protonotary (at SH), Northern Waterthrush (at SH), Kentucky (multiple),
Hooded (multiple), Tennessee (at SH), Nashville (multiple), Swainson's,
Black-and-white, then Painted Bunting, Indigo, Orchard Oriole
(multiple), Rose-breasted Grosbeak(at SH), I am sure I left something
good out. All seen very well.

But ... we also had a sparrow-like bird, seemed to hang around with a
Clay-colored, a bit smaller than a Lincoln's, but with an orange face,
top of head to throat, and a clear breast with a tinge of yellow, a
rather striking bird. "Standard" sparrow back. No one knew what it was
but lots of photos taken. All the regulars saw it and took photos so
hopefully someone will post their photo ???

--
Stan DeOrsey  jsmd@xxxxxxx
Harlingen