[texbirds] South Austin - Calliope & Rufous hummers

  • From: "Sam Fruehling" <sfrue@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 14:08:54 GMT

A Calliope hummingbird, a Rufous hummingbird, and a Rufous/Allen's hummingbird
have been visiting the feeders at my house (near Ben White Blvd & Manchaca Rd)
for about the last week.  All are sub-adult males.   Its the most winter
hummingbirds I have ever had & am enjoying them!   It seems like their winter
occurrence in Central Texas is increasing.

 Sam Fruehling / Austin,Texas