[texbirds] Some incidental Lubbock highlights from the weekend

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 15:00:39 -0800 (PST)

Greetings All:
Yesterday (2 November 2013) I spent an hour wandering along Quaker Avenue, from
South Loop 289 to North Loop 289.  Highlights included 2 Wood Ducks at Leroy
Elmore Park, 2 Blue-winged Teals at 19th and Quaker, 1 Neotropic Cormorant at
Maxey Park, 1 Great Egret at Leroy Elmore Park, 3 Snowy Egrets at Leroy Elmore
Park, 2 Snowy Egrets at Maxey Park, 1 Turkey Vulture over the TTU HSC fields, 1
Ring-billed Gull at Maxey Park, and 1 Peregrine Falcon over the TTU HSC fields.

This afternoon (3 November 2013) I spotted a white phase White-throated Sparrow
in my back yard.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock