[texbirds] Re: So, do some Egrets stain their feathers? - Example of 'painted' Great Egret

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MBB22222@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 21:25:37 -0500

People with paint ball guns sometimes like to paint birds...It fades washes
out with time...Some think this is innocent fun but a paint ball can
actually kill or maim a bird if close to the shooter...This looks a
possible example...I have seen florescent colored Laughing Gulls... the
color is water based and will wash/fade out.

--
Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist