[texbirds] Smith point today additions and corrections

  • From: Joseph Kennedy <josephkennedy36@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 4 Texbirds Maillist <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 19:16:54 -0500

I can hardly leave out the horned owl show just after first light along the
main road at the sewer plant. The birds that have been calling from the
mottes were out along the road flying around together and put on a great
show against the early light for 15 minutes.

Checked my pine siskin records and it is my earliest everby a week. All the
records for previous years were next week.

And there was a large flock of franklin's gulls heading north from the bay
as well as a flock of ring-billed gulls out over the bay to add variety for
the day.

--
Joseph C. Kennedy
on Buffalo Bayou in West Houston