[texbirds] Smith Point Hawk Watch events

  • From: "Susan Heath" <sheath@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TexBirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 08:49:23 -0500

TexBirders,

Our Raptor ID Workshop at Smith Point was so successful last weekend that we
are going to do another ID workshop on the first Saturday in November. This
one will be a one day event focused on identifying birds in flight - all
birds, not just raptors. Tony Leukering will again be the instructor. The
workshop will run from 8:00am until 3:00pm. GCBO will provide snacks and
drinks. The cost is $75 and the workshop is limited to 15 participants. You
can find information on our website here:

http://www.gcbo.org/html/BirdIDWorkshopWeb.pdf

If you are interested in signing up, you can call our office at the number
below and give your information to our office manager Alice. If we get
enough interest, we may consider adding an additional one day workshop the
following Saturday.

This weekend is looking very promising for some good migration!

Sue

Susan A. Heath, PhD
Gulf Coast Bird Observatory
103 Hwy 332 West