[texbirds] Smith Point Hawk Watch, 8/12/14, 25 raptors

  • From: "Susan Heath" <sheath@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TexBirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 10:47:48 -0500

Howdy all,

Well there were a few birds yesterday at the point yesterday! Jason's
countable raptors were:

Today's Count: 25
Mississippi Kite-4
Sharp-shinned Hawk-2
Cooper's Hawk-3
Broad-winged Hawk-4
Swainson's Hawk-9
Red-tailed Hawk-1
White-tailed Hawk-1
American Kestrel-1

The complete blog entry is here:

http://smithpointhawkwatch.wordpress.com/2014/08/12/diversity/

Also I'd like to clear something up. You can receive blog entries by e-mail
by simply going to the blog once and clicking on the "follow" button that is
at the top of the page next to "Smith Point Hawk Watch". From then on you
will receive an e-mail with the blog entry every time something is posted.

And finally - the t-shirts are here! They feature a Swallow-tailed Kite
photo by Tony Leukering with his signature below. I'm sure everyone will
want one! You can pick yours up at the tower from Jason for $16 or buy one
from our website here:

http://www.gcbo.org/default.aspx/act/catalog.aspx/category/GCBO+Shirts/brows
e/null/MenuGroup/Home.htm

If you get one from the website they are listed as $15 because it will
automatically add tax and you'll have to pay postage.

Sue

Susan A. Heath, PhD
Gulf Coast Bird Observatory
103 Hwy 332 West