[texbirds] Slaty-backed Gull

  • From: HARRY FORBES <hforbes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 19:42:32 -0800 (PST)

Based on yesterday's no-show, I had cancelled plans to travel to Laredo until I
saw Fred's post first thing this AM....and changed my mind.  Spotted the Gull
in a large flock of primarily Ringbills about 2:30 PM and then he flew to a
buoy at the picnic area and preened for quite awhile.
My thanks to Fred Collins and Dennis Shepler for their persistence, which saved
the day for me.

Harry Forbes (San Antonio and Port Alto)