[texbirds] Short-eared Owl in Harris County

  • From: Janet Rathjen <j.rathjen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 20:25:11 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,
This evening John Berner located a Short-eared Owl in Harris County.  It was
found on Longenbaugh Rd. west of Katy-Hockley Rd.  Adam Wood and I were close
and able to get there right as it got dark. We did not get a visual on the bird
like John did, but we did hear it making its barking call several times around
7:00 pm. We also heard a Barn Owl scream a few time while we were waiting.  We
put the personal location pin at exactly the spot we were standing when we
heard it, so you can go to the checklist map on ebird to get the precise
location.

Janet Rathjen
Houston, TX