[texbirds] Shorebirding in the Lower RGV and South Padre Island

  • From: Erik Breden <erik.breden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 01:12:29 -0500

TexBirders,

Today (Thursday August 8th) Rex and Birgit Stanford joined me and my
wife Mary for a day of inland and coastal shorebirding in Cameron
County. We were not disappointed and tallied 26 species for the day,
with most of them coming from the resaca just south of the
Jimenez/Rangerville Road intersection (southern Harliingen or western
San Benito), and the sandfllats behind the South Padre Island
Convention Center. Didn't get a lot of photos, but a few can be seen at:

www.otterside.com/fall2013

For those of you willing to look beyond Texas boundaries...I took a
three week driving trip to Arizona and California in late June and
early July. Lots of photos at:

www.otterside.com/California

Enjoy!

Erik Breden