[texbirds] Shorebird Identification Workshop & Field Trip with Dr. Cin-Ty Lee

  • From: birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 14:17:09 -0400 (EDT)

Shorebird Identification Workshop with Dr. Cin-Ty Lee

offered by The Nature Discovery Center, Bellaire,  TX .

Dr. Cin-Ty Lee has generously offered to teach a Shorebird Identification
Workshop to benefit birding programs at the Nature Discovery Center!  The
Nature Discovery Center is a non-profit educational organization.

This workshop will consist of a one evening shorebird identification lecture
followed by and all day field trip on the Bolivar peninsula.

Dates:
 Lecture: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 7:30 pm at the Nature Discovery Center
 Field Trip:     Saturday, May 3, 2014 - meeting at 8:30 am on the parking lot
 on the Bolivar side of the ferry. Car-pooling is suggested.
Details are posted on our website:  [https://ndc.memberclicks.net/shorebird]
https://ndc.memberclicks.net/shorebird
Cost: $60.00 – members;  $85 – non-members
 Registration required: Class size is limited to 20 participants
You can sign up at the link above on our website.  If you have any questions or
problems you can call the Nature Discovery Center - 713-667-6550 or contact
[mailto:mbeauch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] mbeauch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cin-Ty Lee started birding in California when he was ten years old.  He has
lived in Houston for the last 12 years.  He enjoys writing articles about bird
identification, leading field trips, and sketching birds.  He is currently a
professor of geology at Rice University, but also teaches a Field Bird Biology
course for undergraduates each spring. Cin-Ty has given many talks and led
field trips and workshops for the Texas Ornithological Society, Houston
Ornithology Group, Houston and Los Angeles Audubon Society, and the Geological
Society of America. He was also part of the 2004 1st place team in the UTC
section of the 2004 Great Texas Birding Classic (214 species in 24 hours)!

Join our free Lunch with the Birds Walks starting at noon on Wednesdays through
May 14th.

We will also have Early Evening Birdwalks Tuesdays at 6pm April 1st through May
6th.

The Nature Discovery Center is located in Russ Pitman Park at 7112 Newcastle,
between Bellaire Blvd and Evergreen St, just inside Loop 610 in Bellaire TX.

Mary Ann Beauchemin
Senior Naturalist
Nature Discovery Center
[javascript:void(0);] mbeauch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
713-667-6550 (phone)
713-667-7654 (fax)

For more information about the Nature Discovery Center, our programs and how
you can support our work, visit www.naturediscoverycenter.org

.