[texbirds] Several FOS species for Quinta Mazatlan 3/25/14

  • From: John Brush <jsbrush10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 09:44:15 -0500

Hello,
I had several FOS birds show up at QM this morning; a couple Chimney Swifts
made their rounds overhead, and a Black-throated Green and Hooded Warbler
were along our trails. Have had good looks at Green Parakeets the past few
walks.

Had a very vociferous pair of Tropical Kingbirds in the parking lot as I
arrived, but they seem to be rather unpredictable as to where from the park
we will hear/see them. Full list below.

Quinta Mazatlan WBC (LTC 063), Hidalgo, US-TX
Mar 25, 2014 8:14 AM - 9:33 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
Comments:     <br />Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.7.1
34 species

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  11
Plain Chachalaca  8
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  41
White-winged Dove  23
Inca Dove  5
White-tipped Dove  1
Chimney Swift  2
Golden-fronted Woodpecker  9     Starting to drum more
Ladder-backed Woodpecker  2
Green Parakeet  3
Great Kiskadee  4
Tropical Kingbird  2
Couch's Kingbird  1
White-eyed Vireo  2
Green Jay  2
Black-crested Titmouse  2
House Wren  2
Carolina Wren  1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  1
Clay-colored Thrush  2
Curve-billed Thrasher  3
Long-billed Thrasher  2     Pair at N end of Mesquite/Wildcat trail
Northern Mockingbird  5
European Starling  2
Black-and-white Warbler  1
Orange-crowned Warbler  3