[texbirds] Seedeaters in San Ygnacio

  • From: datlax@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 09:02:29 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings;
   There may be two pair of White-Collared Seedeaters
in the San Ygnacio Bird Sanctuary.  I seen one pair by
the water pump area and the other in the middle of the
Sanctuary before 0900.  After that they are elusive.
I noticed the male perched on a high dry tree limb and
singing.  As a Cardinal flew by; the male chased the
Cardinal.   I saw this happen again on another part of
the Sanctuary.  After 0900, I was unable to see any WCSE.
Home in on their singing.  Good Birding;
   Joel Ruiz
   San Ygnacio, TX