[texbirds] Scott's Oriole and Ash-throated Flycatcher at Canyon Lake, Texas

  • From: Ed Hickl <ehickl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 16:53:38 -0500

Spending a few days at our lake house at Canyon Lake.  Was able to see the
breeding pair of Scott's Oriole that has been coming to this area for a number
of years now.  Also viewed an Ash-throated Flycatcher out of the window.  The
Sotal Cactus surrounding our location is more plentiful with stalks this year
than in the past years. Wonder if the drought has triggered them into action?

Photo links:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/86529502@N03/9109289005/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86529502@N03/9109286367/

Ed Hickl