[texbirds] Re: Scissortail Behavior

  • From: "gil.eckrich" <gil.eckrich@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <hforbes@xxxxxxxxx>, "'TexBirds TexBirds Posting'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 14:25:37 -0500

If the rest area was well illuminated, the Scissor-tailed Flycatchers were
likely feeding on insects attracted by the lights. During warmer months,
whenever I left prison after dark, I would find several species, but notably
SFTL, feeding like champions along the well-illuminated prison fences.
Gil Eckrich
Belton