[texbirds] Say's Phoebe at Hargill Playa

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "DHanson139" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 21:16:50 -0400

Sorry for the late post on this but my Texbirds has not been working until
yesterday. Emailing back and forth with Mary Gustafson and did not realize
how unusual the Say's Phoebe was Chuck Davis and I saw at the Hargill Playa
last Wednesday afternoon. The Phoebe was around the fence on the road that
runs into 1st street there in Hargill. As you are looking at the playa
from first street it was to your right and down close to the house on that
road.

Also we reported this the other day to Mary but we just happened to be
walking by the end of Dowitcher Pond when the Northern Jacana came flying by
and landed in the cattails there on the NW corner of the pond. We did not
realize at first that it was the N Jacana but could not find it at Grebe Marsh
so we went back to see what we had seen and sure enough the Northen Jacana
had come out of the reeds and was showing off out on a log in Dowitcher
pond. There was a lot of dove hunters shooting going on in the next field
over from Grebe marsh and I wondered if that had run it out of there.

link to picture of Say's Phoebe, Collard Plover and Northern Jacana here.

(https://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBNQB#!i=4387604902&k=shtqzg5&lb=1&s=A)

(https://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBNQB#!i=4387604902&k=shtqzg5&lb=1&s=A
)
(https://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBNQB#!i=4387604902&k=shtqzg5&lb=1&s=A)