[texbirds] Re: Say's Phoebe

  • From: Beth McBroom <bethmcb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bryce Hardway <brycehardway21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 10:22:35 -0500

There is so much to love about this posting!
1. Teenager up early for practice before school - discipline, athleticism,
exercise
2. High school football in Texas - team sports
3. Teenager notices a bird and is interested
4. Thinks of common, seen-here-before species first
5. Evaluates field marks and behavior and decides it's another species not
seen here before
6. Has paid attention to nesting behavior in local parks
7. Celebrates a first
8. Sends an email about it from school, surely not during lecture. ;-)
9. Uses correct spelling and grammar.
10. Participates in an online birding community

Way to go, Bryce!

Beth McBroom
​Helotes​

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 9:43 AM, <brycehardway21@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

While walking to school from football, I found an adult Say's Phoebe tail
pumping on the fence by the practice field. It was gray with a really rosy
pink belly. I originally thought it may have been a juvy Vermillion (we've
had 2 different family groups at the parks this year) but then it started
pumping. This is a first for me out here in Lago.

Bryce Hardway
Lago Vista

Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at