[texbirds] Santa Ana back Road Survey

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "MiriamEagl@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 15:10:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, all!

Didn't get to traverse the whole road due to a huge mesquite that was
blocking the way, but it was a pleasant morning out, highlights being the
return
 of cuckoos and anis (even had a Roadrunner), a few lingering Broad-winged
Hawk  and Shoveler, and my first Olive-sided Flycatcher of the year!  All
the  regulars were around, but aside from the OSFL and BWHAs, no migrants to
speak  of.  Since I finished up early I took a swing around Chachalaca Trail;
 water in Willow Lakes, but few birds (that's where the Shoveler was).

Ebird list:

Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Hidalgo, US-TX
May 11, 2014 6:34 AM - 11:06  AM
Protocol: Traveling
11.0 mile(s)
Comments:     Back  road survey; 74 - 85 degrees, overcast to mostly
cloudy, slight breeze to  windy.
47 species
Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  8
Blue-winged  Teal  4