[texbirds] Santa Ana NWR 17NOV2015

  • From: "Garza, Raul" <raul_garza@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 15:16:12 -0600

Hello , Nothing out of the ordinary on my bird walk this morning. The
south eastern winds really kept the birds hunkered down. By mid day the
humidity went down and wind changed direction coming in from the North
west. Went out on the trails for other reasons this afternoon and added a
Veery, that was a first here on the Refuge for me. I am thinking this front
might have brought it in. I'm glad that I took my binos with me. nothing
like happenstance! Hope to see you soon out on the trails! You can also
meet me for my morning bird walks on Tuesdays at 8:30 am! Until Good
Birding!
Santa Ana NWR, Hidalgo, Texas, US
Nov 17, 2015 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
55 species

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck X
Gadwall X
Blue-winged Teal X
Cinnamon Teal X
Northern Shoveler X
Northern Pintail X
Green-winged Teal X
Ruddy Duck X
Plain Chachalaca X
Pied-billed Grebe X
Great Blue Heron X
Great Egret X
Turkey Vulture X
Harris's Hawk X
Red-shouldered Hawk X
American Coot X
Black-necked Stilt X
Killdeer X
Greater Yellowlegs X
Lesser Yellowlegs X
Wilson's Snipe X
Inca Dove X
White-tipped Dove X
Mourning Dove X
Common Pauraque X
Green Kingfisher X
Golden-fronted Woodpecker X
Ladder-backed Woodpecker X
American Kestrel X
Northern Beardless-Tyrannulet X
Eastern Phoebe X
Vermilion Flycatcher X
Great Kiskadee X
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher X
Northern Rough-winged Swallow X
Barn Swallow X
Black-crested Titmouse X
House Wren X
Carolina Wren X
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher X
Ruby-crowned Kinglet X
Veery X
Clay-colored Thrush X
Long-billed Thrasher X
Northern Mockingbird X
Orange-crowned Warbler X
Common Yellowthroat X
Olive Sparrow X
Lincoln's Sparrow X
Northern Cardinal X
Indigo Bunting X
Red-winged Blackbird X
Western Meadowlark X
Great-tailed Grackle X
House Sparrow X

--
Raul Garza Jr
Park Ranger

“If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than
contempt, we must leave them something more than the miracles of
technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the
beginning, not just after we got through with it.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson