[texbirds] San Jacinto SP Surf Scoter 10/28/13

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 14:55:07 -0400 (EDT)

Jan and I along with several other birders observed the Surf Scoter for
over an hour. We left just after noon and the flock of mixed Lesser Scaup,
Ruddy  Ducks, Redheads and Canvasbacks had just swam behind the point of land
and  disappeared for awhile. They had done that earlier and we went over and
checked  out the Vermillion Flycatchers by the reflection pool and went back
to see the  Scoter again. You will need a scope unless it comes much closer.

A couple of very highly cropped pictures
_http://smu.gs/1cn0vx3
David and Jan  Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area
Chambers County