[texbirds] San Antonio Audubon phone message July 29 2015

  • From: Georgina Schwartz <gbird@xxxxxxx>
  • To: SATXbirds@yahoogroups com <SATXbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bill Collins <bill.m@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gbird@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 14:08:43 -0500

SAAS phone message July 292015
Telephone number 210-308-6788

Georgina Schwartz recording

Hello, this is the San Antonio Audubon Society with our

July 29recording of recent bird sightings and an update

on coming activities. If you just want to leave a message or

report a bird sighting, you may do so at any time by pressing 5

on your touch-tone phone and recording after the beep. Just be

sure to add your name and repeat your phone number, please.

We do not rescue baby or crippled birds. Call Wildlife Rescue and

Rehabilitation at 210-257-8823 for assistance. For owls or hawks

call Last Chance Forever at 210-499-4080. In most cases the parents

will be back.

You may also access our website at _www.saaudubon.org
<http://www.saaudubon.org/>_for more

information about the club, a membership form, better directions

to the birding places, a complete list of the birds of Bexar County,

and some photos of interest.

Thank you for reporting your birds to this tape so

others can find them.

The San Antonio Audubon society has been a birding, education, and

conservation club since 1954. We meet regularly on the first Thursday

of each month at 7 PM at The First Tee at 915 E Mulberry at the south

end of Brackenridge Park. The program on August 6 will be Justin

Moore with his talk entitled “Biking, Birding, and Photographing for

Conservation.” It is free and all are invited..

The next Beginner's walk is on Saturday, August 8at the Judson Nature

Trails in Alamo Heights at 7:30 AM. From the 5900 block of Broadway,

turn west on Ogden and go to the stop sign at Greeley Street. Turn left

and go one block to Viesca Street. Turn right and go the parking lot on

the left before the swimming pool.

Binoculars available to borrow, so bring a friend.

On Wednesday, August 12, we have a special event at the Government

Canyon State Natural Area. Supper and Stars. Nike Lake will have

the gate open from 6 to 6:45 PM so we can go to parking lot C to

have our supper and then watch for the meteorites that are supposed

to reach their peak that night. You can then leave any time, but

everyone has to be out by midnight. This is normally a time

when the park is closed. Bring your supper and your lawn

chair and your flashlight.This event is free, thanks to Niki.

Info Niki at 512-667-0786 or Georgina at 210-342-2073.

On Sunday, August 30 , we will meet Sandi Wheeler at 7 AM

at the Crescent Bend Nature Park in NE Bexar county.

Note the earlier starting time. It will get hot.

There will be bird walks at the Mitchell Lake Audubon Center on the

south side of San Antonio each Sunday and on the 2^nd Tuesday at

7:30 AM. Note the new time for the summer. Exit south loop 410 at

exit 46, Moursund Rd, and go south 0.7 mile to the gate on the left.

This place is now open every day except Monday from 8 to 4 for a

small fee.or free if you are a member of the Center.

Call 210-628-1639 for more info.

The 3^rd Saturday birdwalk at the Botanical Gardens will not meet this
month.

Everyone is welcome at our activities and you don't have to be a member to

participate. If you would like more information or membership in our group,

just leave your name and phone number and someone will return your call.

Happy Birding!