[texbirds] San Antonio Audubon Phone message July 9

  • From: "Georgina Schwartz" <gbird@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "SATXbirds" <SATXbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Shirley bartels" <sbartels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 20:43:36 -0500

SAAS Phone Message July 9, 2014

Telephone number: 210-308-6788

Georgina Schwartz recording.

Hello, this is the San Antonio Audubon Society with our

July 9 recording of recent bird sightings and an update

on coming activities.

If you just want to leave a message or report a bird sighting, you

may do so at any time by pressing 5 on your Touch-Tone Phone

and recording after the beep. Just be sure to add your name and

repeat your phone number please.

We do not rescue baby or crippled birds. Call Wildlife Rescue and

Rehabilitation at 830-336-2725 for assistance. For Owls or Hawks

call Last Chance Forever at 210-499-4080. In most cases the parents

will be back.

You may also access our website at www.saaudubon.org

for more Information about the club, a membership form, directions

 to the birding places, a complete list of the birds of Bexar County,

 our recent newsletters, and some photos of interest.

As of July 3, there were still Golden-cheeked Warblers reported at

the windmill at Freidrich Park.

And thank you for reporting your birds to this tape so others

can find them.

The San Antonio Audubon Society has been a birding, education,

and conservation club since 1954.. We meet regularly on the first

Thursday of each month at 7 PM at The First Tee at 915 E. Mulberry

 at the south end of Brackenridge Park. The next one on August 7

 will be about Belise, by Greg and Jana Gibbons

The next Beginner's bird walk starts at the Judson Nature Trails

near the Alamo Heights swimming pool on Viesca Street on

Saturday, July 12. Meet leader Georgina Schwartz at 7:30 AM.

We have some binoculars to lend out, so bring a friend.

Georgina's number is 210-342-2073

Tuesday, July 15, at 7:00 AM we will meet Sandi Wheeler at

Crescent Bend Nature Park on Schafer Road at the Cibolo

Creek crossing in NE Bexar county. Bring water and snacks.

There will be bird walks at Mitchell Lake Audubon Center

Beginning at 7:30 AM for the summer on the 1st Sunday, 2nd

Sunday, 3rd Sunday, and the 2nd Tuesday   The 4th Saturday

trip always starts at 8 AM..The Mitchell Lake Audubon Center

is open each week from Tuesday through Sunday from 8 to 4.

The fee for the guided tour is  $8 since this place is now

an Audubon Center.   Just ring the buzzer and they

will open the gate. Call the Center at 210-628-1639. The gate is

on the left 0.7 mile south of loop 410  Moursund Blvd, exit #46.

There is a bird walk on the third Saturday of each month at 9 AM

at the San Antonio Botanical Garden. This is not a SAAS trip, but

is usually very interesting. There is a fee for entrance to the

garden.

Every one is welcome at our activities and you don't have to be a

member to participate. If you would like more information or

membership in our group, just leave your name and phone number

after the beep and someone will return your call.

Happy Birding!