[texbirds] Salineno

  • From: "Jim Hailey" <irasciblej@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 20:10:44 -0600

I will be at Salineo at dawn on December 22 to conduct the Falcon CBC
whether the Valley Land Fund property is open or not.  I welcome anyone who
would like to join us.  We hope to see Red-billed Pigeons, Gray Hawk,
Muscovy Duck, Audubon's Oriole and much more there before we move to do the
regular count which includes the State Park, Chapeno and other adjacent
areas.  As to what the Valley Land Fund decides to do with their property,
it is none of my concern.   I am sure the DeWind's would not be there if
they were able.  I must say I miss Gail who knew nothing about birds, but
could tell you where, when and what would arrive.   The road to the river at
Salineo is visited every time I am there by the Border Patrol shortly after
I arrive, check on us, and then move on.  I have witnessed people crossing
here with drugs, load them into vehicles and leave.  They were not
interested in me, just wanted to get their goods to the many thousands of
customers in the good old USA.  I think they call that commerce.  No market,
no drugs.   So if you are afraid of the river, I suggest you stay away.  As
for me, I will be there!

Jim Hailey

110 Lavaca Lane

Georgetown, TX 78628