[texbirds] Sabine's Gull and Brown Pelican on Lake Lewisville Denton County

  • From: Barbara Tompkins <ptbunting11@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 19:19:42 -0500

Today, I visited Lake Lewisville City Park in Denton County trying to
relocate a Brown Pelican found by Keith Lockhart yesterday. I found the
Brown Pelican and photographed it near the swimming area. I moved to the
boat launch pull out, hoping the pelican would return to the sand bar where
first saw it resting. There I saw a small gull coming towards me and
realized it was a Sabine's Gull! Certainly rare for North Central Texas any
time of the year, but I was especially surprised to find one today. Fall
and winter gull season is on its way!
Here's a link to my Flickr page:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ptbunting/with/15105566650

Or to today's EBird report: