[texbirds] Sabal Palm Masked duck No

  • From: Tripp Davenport <tripp.davenport@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 09:19:44 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Saturday the 16th, I made a long day trip down to Brownsville from Uvalde
(19 hours) to see the masked duck. It was a no show on Saturday, from reading
the board at the visitors center, it was seen on Friday. I also searched for an
hour or so for the yellow green vireos that were there last year, no vireos in
place there. Overall, the lower valley is starting to dry up really fast. Lots
of valley regulars in place at Bentsen, NABA, and Sabal Palm (my stops
yesterday in the lower valley). In the upper valley, I stopped in at Salineno
on the way down, very birdy there and very boaty as well. For some reason, the
border patrol boats were in mass (3) of them patrolling up and down that
stretch. Red-billed pigeons and muscovy ducks as well as ringed kingfisher were
highlights. Zapata library pond on the way home late evening did not produce
the usual seedeaters perhaps because it was very windy by then.

Tripp Davenport
Uvalde County Texas

Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at