[texbirds] SE Travis Co: Harris's Hawk, Buff-bellied Hummingbird

  • From: Sam Fason <scfason@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 00:07:17 -0600

Billy Kaselow and I birded Southeast Travis county this afternoon. After a
few days' absence, the Buff-bellied Hummingbird is back at Platt Lane,
coming to both feedings and actively calling. He posed nicely for pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57637231@N04/8328704644/in/photostream/ ,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57637231@N04/8327646497/in/photostream/ . A
very nice Harlan's Hawk was also in the area.
We then headed to Elroy Road where we found the Harris's Hawk sitting on a
telephone poll about 200 yards down Fagerquist Road.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57637231@N04/8328705438/in/photostream/
Right before dark, we headed to see if the FTFL was back, after negative
reports from earlier today and yesterday, but unfortunately we also failed
to find the Fork-tailed.
Good Birding and Happy New Year,
Sam Fason, Austin.