[texbirds] Rusty blackbirds in Kingwood

  • From: Carolyn Dill <carolyn_dill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds \(texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx\)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 15:31:38 -0800 (PST)

I walked the lowland trail behind Kingwood's Lonestar campus. Best place
to search for the birds are where you can see a lot of tall grass, reminds me
of spartina on the coast but
of course this one is not that species. The birds like to feed down there and
perch up to preen
when done, quite close to the trail, too. I saw two for sure, more were down in
the grass.
Carolyn Dill
Houston