[texbirds] Rufous Hummingbirds

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 20:41:24 -0400 (EDT)

Jan and I saw what appeared to be a female Rufous Hummingbird real late
yesterday evening and just a few minutes ago we had a young male Rufous out
here  that has just the start of his Gorget but you can see all the little
dots under  the chin where his full gorget will be. They have been mixed in
with the 40-50+  Ruby-throated Hummingbirds feeding here. It has been an
interesting migration  with about as many birds feeding on ours and our
neighbors
Bottlebrushes as  on  feeders.

David and Jan Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area