[texbirds] Rufous Hummingbird/White-breasted Nuthatch - Brazos County

  • From: Shirley Wilkerson <shirley.wilkerson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brazosaudubon <brazosaudubon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 22:09:00 -0600

The immature male Rufous that arrived Oct 28th is still present, and losing
almost all of his green back.  Several of us here in Brazos County have had
Rufous this fall/winter.  Good year for them.  One of my non-birding
friends in the western part of the county told me she has kept her feeders
up because she "still" has a hummingbird.  I told her to check and see if
it was rufous in color.
The White-breasted Nuthatch that arrived June 30th is also still present.

Latest photos here:

http://www.bluemelon.com/caramia/recentimages#page-0

(the first 12 photos, Rufous on various dates, the next two are the
Nuthatch on 12-22)

Shirley Wilkerson
Kurten, Brazos County