[texbirds] Ruddy Turnstone - Hornsby Bend, Austin, Travis County 8/21/14

  • From: "Rich Kostecke" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rkost73@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 16:49:23 -0700

This afternoon, I relocated the Ruddy Turnstone that was reported from Hornsby
Bend yesterday.  It was on the little mudflat in the northeast corner of Pool 1
West.  Overall, good numbers and diversity of shorebirds were still present, as
well as 9 Black Terns.  Despite being there during the heat of the afternoon,
the Yellow Warblers were fairly active.  I had 14 of them flitting about as I
drove the perimeter of the ponds.  I have noticed good movement of Yellow
Warblers from a variety of Austin locations over the past week.  Eventually,
something of greater interest is bound to be mixed in with all of these little
yellow jobs.
Rich

Richard Kostecke, Ph.D.
The Nature Conservancy