[texbirds] Re: Ruby-crowned Kinglet

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Martin Hagne <martinhagne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 16:05:41 -0500

Martin and Carolyn..I thought at the time it was an RCK, but did not see a
bright crown and assumed a female.  That said it was seen at about 40 feet
thru my window in a cedar as I was watching orioles etc. at the bird
baths.  A Hutton's would be quiet rare here with only 2 county records, but
I can happily wait for confirmation on either.  Frankly at the time
Hutton's did not enter my mind.   Thanks.
Brush

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/