[texbirds] Rose-throated Becard, White-rumped Sandpiper

  • From: Robert Becker <robertjbecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 06:59:45 -0700 (PDT)

I apologize for this post not appearing sooner, as I sent it on Saturday and
Sunday but it did not make it on the list.

I birded Estero llano Grande State Park Saturday morning on a very warm and
humid morning. Highlight was the Rose-throated Becard that is very busy with
nest-building. The bird was more easily observable than at other times over the
winter. Who knows how long she will stay? On the bird walk we also saw a
White-rumped Sandpiper, a probable Semipalmated (or Western) Sandpiper,
Magnolia and Yellow warblers, Olive-sided Flycatcher, Common Paraque, Orchard
Oriole, Stilt Sandpipers, Wilson's Phalaropes, and Eastern Screech Owl.

Photo highlights are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13451078@N03/

and here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13451078@N03/page2/