[texbirds] Roseate Spoonbills, Long-billed Curlew and other Fort Hood Birds (Bell)

  • From: "gil.eckrich" <gil.eckrich@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 18:29:16 -0500

Observed the most Roseate Spoonbill I have ever seen on the installation, 5
of them on the south shore of Lake Belton. Had hoped for more migrants, but
did find a few. Here is my complete list:
Great Blue Heron  10, Great Egret  15, Little Blue Heron  1, Green Heron  5,
Roseate Spoonbill  5, Black Vulture  64, Turkey Vulture  46, Killdeer  1,
Spotted Sandpiper  2, Long-billed Curlew  1, Least Sandpiper  1, Mourning
Dove  5, Inca Dove  2, Greater Roadrunner  1, Eastern Screech-Owl  3,
Red-bellied Woodpecker  4, Ladder-backed Woodpecker  1, Eastern Phoebe  1,
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher 1, Eastern Kingbird  3, Loggerhead Shrike  1,
White-eyed Vireo  3, American Crow  22, Barn Swallow  3, Cave Swallow  1,
Carolina Chickadee  9, Black-crested Titmouse  10, Tufted x Black-crested
Titmouse (hybrid)  1, Bewick's Wren  7, Carolina Wren  2, Blue-gray
Gnatcatcher  15, Northern Mockingbird  2, European Starling  15,
Black-and-white Warbler  1, Lark Sparrow  5, Northern Cardinal  16, Common
Grackle  1, Baltimore Oriole  1, House Finch  2, Lesser Goldfinch  1, House
Sparrow  3