[texbirds] Robstown Sod Farm

  • From: "Judy Kestner" <jkestner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds posts" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 14:27:00 -0500

Today at the sod farm on C.R. 69 off Northwest Blvd., aka FM 624, I had one
lone Buff-breasted Sandpiper hanging with two Am. Golden Plovers, one of which
was hopping, instead of striding, along.
Only other birds were starlings and a Little Blue Heron that flushed out of the
ditch.  Wind is blowing like sixty.

Also, at Hazel Bazemore, there were about 40 Wilson's Phalaropes on the two
ponds.  In the puddles on the river road, gobs of yellowlegs of both
persuasions, plus more phalaropes, a few Pectorals and gobs of Least Sandpipers
(I'm pretty sure that's what you call a flock of shorebirds -- LOL) were busy
eating whatever surfaced after the recent rain.  A pair of Mottled Ducks
floated in one puddle.

Judy Kestner
Calallen (NW Corpus Christi)