[texbirds] Re: Rio Beef Farm Feed Lot Area, Mar 1, 2013

  • From: MiriamEagl@xxxxxxx
  • To: jarvin@xxxxxxxx, txbrush5@xxxxxxxxx, texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 07:25:40 -0500 (EST)

Rio Beef Feedyard has always been my default place to find Brewer's
Blackbird in the county; I consistently had them in large numbers in the winter

while doing surveys along the La Sal Del Rey "route".

_http://miriameaglemon.com/Birding%20Pages/Hidalgo%20County%20Birding%20Page
s/By%20Species/Brewer's%20Blackbird%20HD.html_
(http://miriameaglemon.com/Birding%20Pages/Hidalgo%20County%20Birding%20Pages/By%20Species/Brewer's%20Bla
ckbird%20HD.html)

Mary Beth  Stowe
McAllen, TX
_www.miriameaglemon.com_ (http://www.miriameaglemon.com/)

In a message dated 3/4/2013 7:30:37 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jarvin@xxxxxxxx writes:

Tim,
Brewer's Blackbirds are interesting. They seem to have  favorite places
that
they winter and are absent from other, similar sites.  One is McAllen High
School parking lot and the little park across the  street. Another is the
Sarita rest stop (actually they are all along Hwy  77 on the shoulders).
John C. Arvin
Research Associate
Gulf Coast  Bird Observatory
103 West Hwy 332