[texbirds] Ringed Kingfisher etc., Garner SP, 30 Oct

  • From: Nathaniel Nye <nathaniel.nye@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Stephen Nye <srnye55@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 17:51:28 -0500

Texbirders,
With my dad in town for a visit from Salt Lake City, we had the opportunity
to take my kids camping.  A friend recommended Garner SP AND since we love
canoeing, we decided to go there. Rented a couple canoes FROM Lackland and
headed out.  To be brief, it was a  absolutely beautiful morning and the
highlight bird of the trip was a female Ringed Kingfisher seen fishing near
the dam. Lifer for both my dad and I! She flew up and down the river a
couple times but seemed to be quite successfully fishing the river. A
Pyrrhuloxia and Vermilion Flycatcher were nice to see as well.

Observer: NateNye
2014-10-30 10:36
Garner SP (HOTW 033)
Protocol: Traveling
2 Miles
180 Minutes
Observers: 2
All birds reported? Yes
    1    Great Blue Heron
    3    Black Vulture
    3    Turkey Vulture
    1    American Coot
    6    Common Ground-Dove
    5    White-winged Dove
    10    Mourning Dove
    1    Ringed Kingfisher
    6    Golden-fronted Woodpecker
    2    Ladder-backed Woodpecker
    1    Northern Flicker
    1    Crested Caracara
    2    American Kestrel
    1    Empidonax sp.
    8    Eastern Phoebe
    1    Vermilion Flycatcher
    2    Common Raven
    4    Carolina Chickadee
    8    Black-crested Titmouse
    4    Carolina Wren
    2    Bewick's Wren
    1    Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
    2    Ruby-crowned Kinglet
    4    Eastern Bluebird
    1    American Robin
    2    Northern Mockingbird
    6    Clay-colored Sparrow
    1    White-crowned Sparrow
    1    Dark-eyed Junco
    8    Northern Cardinal
    1    Pyrrhuloxia
    32    Great-tailed Grackle
    12    House Finch
    8    Lesser Goldfinch

This report was created and sent using BirdsEye BirdLog (
http://birdseyebirding.com/)

Nathaniel Nye
Ward Executive Secretary
Culebra Creek Ward