[texbirds] Richland Creek WMA Big Sit

  • From: D D Currie <ddbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 22:25:11 -0500

Just a reminder:
Dell and I are holding the 2nd Annual Big Sit at Richland Creek WMA North
Unit on October 11th (rain date October 12th).  We'll be starting at 4am
and will go until we can't go no more.   The North Unit is located
approximately 25 miles east of Corsicana off of HWY 287 just east of FM 488.

Just a reminder:  you will need a Limited Public Use Permit to enter the
WMA.  They can be purchased anywhere you can buy a hunting or fishing
license for $12 or can be purchased online at:
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/licenses/online_sales/  for an
additional $5 handling fee.  The permit number is 175.

If you want to participate, PLEASE NOTE:  there are no restrooms at the
WMA,but plenty of trees and bushes. There is also a convenience store 6
miles down the road in Cayuga that makes some great breakfast sandwiches
and fried catfish.  Suggest bringing a chair, water/drinks, food,
sunscreen, bug spray, hat, rain gear, flashlight if coming at 4am.  Be
prepared for changing weather conditions.  If you get bored with the Big
Sit, there are 2500 acres within the WMA you can bird.

*Please RSVP if you are coming at 4am so we can meet you at the front
entrance.*  Otherwise, feel free to come and go any time you want.

Here is a link showing the route to the Big Sit location.  Other gates
within the WMA may be locked.

http://richlandcreekwma.wordpress.com/2014/10/05/big-sit-2014/

Please contact me via email if you have questions or call / text me at
817-919-8587
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/html/compose/static_files/blank_quirks.html#>
.

Hope to see you there.