[texbirds] Resaca de la Palma State Park - Thursday eBird

  • From: Sherry Wilson <rollingsoles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 21:08:05 -0500

The warblers we saw this morning, Northern Parula, Common Yellowthroat,
Orange-crowned and Yellow, are different from yesterday
afternoon's Black-throated Gray, Black-throated Green and Nashville.
All resaca views now have fairly low water levels and egrets and Ibis can
be found throughout.  The smaller waders and shorebirds are all found in
the Hunter's Lane resaca.  Most of the grebes we're seeing are at the
second bridge.

Clay-colored Thrush have been active near the first bridge.
--
Sherry Wilson
Resident Park Host

Bird Walks every Saturday - 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Butterfly Walks every Sunday - 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Night Hikes every Friday (must RSVP by 5:00 p.m. Thurs)  - small fee
Nature Tram Rides - Wednesday thru Sunday
(Visitor Center closed Mon/Tues)

http://www.facebook.com/resacadelapalma

DIRECTIONS:  The main entrance to Resaca de la Palma State Park is located
on New Carmen Blvd. From Expressway 77/83, exit at Olmito, take FM 1732,
follow for 2.5 miles; turn left at New Carmen Road; follow for 1.5 miles;
shortly after the gravel hump in the road, turn left to enter the park.

*Learn how you can help Texas State Parks:*  http://bit.ly/sVdilb

60 species

American Wigeon 5
Blue-winged Teal 22