[texbirds] Resaca de la Palma SP - Thursday Sightings

  • From: Sherry Wilson <rollingsoles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 15:36:34 -0500

A Harris's Hawk was relentlessly heckled by kingbirds near the east end of
Quail Loop this morning.  While I watched the aerial acrobats, a Bewick's
Wren popped up and started singing.
More Northern Bobwhite were calling, at full volume and through a wider
area, than I have heard in this park.  Apparently they are having an
excellent year!

Also of interest, a Clay-colored Thrush was singing along Bobcat Trail.

Sherry Wilson
Resident Park Host
Resaca de la Palma State Park
956-350-2920

*Nature Walks *Friday:  9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
*Bird Walks* Saturday:  8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
*Butterfly Walks* Sunday:  1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
*Night Hikes* last Friday of the month (RSVP by 5:00 p.m. Thurs)  - small
fee
*Nature Tram Rides*:  Wednesday thru Sunday
(Visitor Center closed Mon/Tues)
http://www.facebook.com/resacadelapalma

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  2
Mottled Duck  1
Plain Chachalaca  5
Northern Bobwhite  8     all heard only, Yellowthroat, White-winged Dove,
Quail Loops,
Great Egret  1
Tricolored Heron  1
Green Heron  1