[texbirds] Resaca de la Palma SP - Saturday Bird Walk

  • From: Sherry Wilson <rollingsoles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 13:09:20 -0600

We started the bird walk in heavy fog that dripped from trees and made all
the spider webs glisten.  It was an enjoyable morning to be out, and by the
end of the walk the sun was shining.
Although we didn't try walking Hunter's Lane this morning, our trails are
drying out and the south end trails should be easier going, with only
scattered muddy patches.  Ebony, South Mexican Olive and Kiskadee Trails
are never muddy!

Sherry Wilson
Resident Park Host
Resaca de la Palma State Park
956-350-2920

*Nature Walks *Friday:  9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
*Bird Walks* Saturday:  8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
*Butterfly Walks* Sunday:  1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
*Night Hikes* last Friday of the month (RSVP by 5:00 p.m. Thurs)  - small
fee
*Nature Tram Rides*:  Wednesday thru Sunday
(Visitor Center closed Mon/Tues)
http://www.facebook.com/resacadelapalma

 Comments:     heavy fog at start, clearing to blue skies by the end
36 species

Greater White-fronted Goose  50
Mottled Duck  2
Plain Chachalaca  4